Saturday, July 30, 2005

From... The Upside of Anger

Anger and Resentment
Can stop you in your tracks
That's what I know, now
It needs, nothing to burn,
But the Air & the Life
That it swallows and smothers

It's real, though
The fury,
even when it isn't.
It can change you..
Turn you...
Mold you & shape you into someone you're not.

The only Upside to Anger, then
Is the person you become...
Hopefully, someone that wakes up one day
And realizes they're not afraid of its journey.

Someone that knows that the truth is, at best,
A partically told story.
That Anger, like growth,
Comes in sports & fits
And in its wake,
Leaves a new chance at acceptance
And the promise of calm

Then again what do I know

I'm coming back soon! EMO BRO, I'm not teasing!
9/30/05

8 Comments:

At 10:53 AM, Blogger The LoveHater said...

You know plenty, my brother...

 
At 2:28 PM, Blogger Unconquerable Soul said...

It's amazing to look at the person you become after you get rid of the anger. Especially, when someone realizes they're not afraid of its journey. Right on point!

 
At 2:35 PM, Blogger Unconquerable Soul said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 2:07 PM, Blogger Frotbro said...

Pretty Good Stuff man

 
At 5:15 PM, Blogger ShawnQt said...

Look for me in the sunset...

 
At 8:50 PM, Blogger Manilow said...

I LOVED that movie. That quote, like the film, is so on point. Hope ya return to blogging. I have (finally lol)- check for me.

 
At 12:00 PM, Blogger Valentino said...

You are back???? I had no idea...

 
At 7:19 PM, Blogger ProfessorGQ said...

taking a break???

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger

Site Meter